How to apply
Are you a women- owned start-up, innovative, locally driven, and climate-resilient enterprise?
Is your enterprise making significant contributions to address the impacts of climate change?
Is your enterprise a champion of change to alleviate poverty in its community and country?
Complete the application to apply for the South Africa Entrepreneurs Woman Climate Change Award (SiAWECCA) to take your enterprise to the next level.
Up to 4 prize packages will be awarded to women-led, locally-driven and early-stage enterprises, which have the potential to replicate and expand OR leverage their innovative solutions to tackle climate change challenges in their communities and in South Africa.
4 Winners receive 6-Months Tailor-Packaged Enterprise Development Support and Mentorship
Grant value: The winners will receive a non-reimbursable grant funding of up to R45 000.00
You are eligible to apply for the South Africa Entrepreneurs Women Climate Change Awards if your enterprise:
- Must be at least 75% women owned and managed.
- Enterprise must be registered in South Africa.
- Enterprise must be at least operational for 1 year with a minimum annual turnover of R50 000
- Women business owner with a pro-active attitude and entrepreneurial drive for advancing inclusive green economy
- Delivered economic, social and environmental benefits.
- Has potential for scale-up and replication
- The owner is a role model in her community/support local (grassroots climate change mitigation and/or adaptation).
- Innovative technologies, approaches contributing to climate change mitigation and adaptation, and nature based approaches that benefit ecosystems and livelihoods
- Enterprise should demonstrate how they are addressing COVID-19 and the climate crisis, and how they would work to increase their resilience to future crisis
- Application closing date 25.9.2020
The Innovation Hub
Enterprise Building, Unit 20D
1 Mark Shuttleworth Street
0081, Lynnwood, Pretoria